The educational planning for the children in our centre is based on the Early Years Learning Framework, which is an emergent curriculum. This curriculum allows children to extend and enrich their learning through play-based learning experiences. It’s based on children’s interests and developmental needs. Our educators continually develop suitable programs so that a range of experiences are offered to children and families.
- As educators, we believe that play is a child’s way to learn about their world.
- Parents are welcome at any time to visit the centre or spend time with their children and have the opportunity to participate in extra curricular activities.
- Our staff members are happy to assist in answering questions or provide information requested.
At Morayfield Early Education, we care for children from the ages of 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Nursery: 6 weeks to 2 years – 1 staff member to 4 children, 2 staff to 8 children.
- Toddlers: 15 months to 2.5 years – 1 staff member to 4 children, 2 staff to 8 children.
- Junior Kindy: 2.5 years to 3 years – 1 staff member to 5 children, 2 staff to 10 children.
- Senior Kindy: 3 years to 4 years – 1 staff member to 11 children, 2 staff to 22 children.
- Kindergarten: 4 years to 5 years – 1 staff member to 11 children, 2 staff to 22 children.
Our centre employs highly qualified and experienced early childhood professionals. Our educators are dedicated to the development of the potential of every child.
In accordance with Child Care Regulations, and in line with our Centre’s philosophy, the following qualification requirements have been implemented at each service:
|Nominated Supervisor (Centre Director)||Advanced Diploma in Children’s Services|
|Educational Leader (Teacher)||Degree in Early Childhood|
|Certified Supervisor (Group Leader)||Diploma in Children’s Services (or studying towards this)|
|Assistant Educators||Certificate III in Children’s
Services (or studying towards this)
In addition, all staff must hold a current positive suitability notice (blue card). Group Leaders are also required to hold a current first aid certificate (with CPR) .
All staff are encouraged to keep their skills and knowledge current. As such, ongoing professional development through in-house and external training is provided.